Monday, September 21, 2009

New Project!

I have recently become obsessed with the shabby chic/french provincial/french country style (they all seem to yield similar results). I decided I wanted to find a piece of furniture I saw a lot of potential in, and create this style myself. I have watched craigslist often to find this special piece, and I finally found it this weekend. I was so excited when I found it because it is unique, beautiful, and cheap. The woman I purchased it from thought it didn't have any value, but it is around 60 years old, solid wood, and dove-tailed. It was a dream come true! Wes and I contacted her and drove to a small town called Krum, TX, and picked up our treasure. She only wanted $50. Here is my new project...



Isn't it beautiful? I am planning on finishing it out to look similar to this:

I am not promising any timeline, but I will post pics as soon as it is done.

6 comments:

The Blair Family said...

Sounds like a fun project. I'm excited to see how it turns out.

Amberly said...

Ooooh, I'm jealous! What a fun project!

Adrienne said...

Good luck with the project! I've been thinking about you guys lately. Hope all is well! Miss you!

Margo said...

Love it!! Check out one of my FAVORITE blogs - Thriftydecorchick
it is on my blog. You will love it. She has awesome ideas on the cheap. Great before and after pics and everything else. I lurrrve her blog!!!

BreAnna said...

Brins - can't wait to see it when you're all done! If anyone can do it - you can! Love ya sis!

Meredith said...

Oooh, can't wait to see the finished product...I bet it will be awesome! Good luck!